gradle

I experimented with gradle as I found some good sample projects that only used it. So I tried to create my own gradle.

It was pretty straight forward, adding my own repository was very simple:

buildscript {
    repositories {
        maven { url "http://nexus.glycoinfo.org/content/groups/public" }

worked great, perfect integration with a maven repository.

Next, I tried dependencies:

compile("org.glycoinfo:batch:0.3.0-SNAPSHOT")

Not so much luck. for some reason it looks at the wrong version.

Could not find org.glycoinfo.search:glycosearch:0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.
  Searched in the following locations:
      http://nexus.glycoinfo.org/content/groups/public/org/glycoinfo/search/glycosearch/0.0.1-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml
      http://nexus.glycoinfo.org/content/groups/public/org/glycoinfo/search/glycosearch/0.0.1-SNAPSHOT/glycosearch-0.0.1-20141121.011804-16.pom
      http://nexus.glycoinfo.org/content/groups/public/org/glycoinfo/search/glycosearch/0.0.1-SNAPSHOT/glycosearch-0.0.1-20141121.011804-16.jar

In the above case, -16.jar doesn’t exist. I think 16 is in the first metadata xml file, but not anywhere else.

So this is a dealbreaker. No snapshot dependencies and I can’t compile.

Jul 29, 2015